Congratulations on completing your registration on the Playermaker app! Now, we will guide you step-by-step on how to conduct an activity and view your sessions' data on the app!
- Playermaker's automatic detection and analysis are not affected by the different types of playing surfaces or weather conditions (indoor or outdoor pitches).
- You can only start and record one session at a time!
- You don’t need your phone to start / end a session.
Step 1 - Make sure your sensors have enough battery to record an activity:
- Sensors that are blinking green or orange indicate that your sensors have enough battery to conduct a session.
- We suggest reading this article to learn how to charge your sensors and this article to better understand Playermaker's battery performance.
Step 2 - Start an activity:
- Remove both sensors from the Playermaker case (this action triggers your session to start).
- Your sensor lights should now blink BLUE.
- A blinking BLUE light indicates that your session is automatically being recorded.
- You can also verify that your session is recording from the 'Activities' screen on your app (your sensors and phone must be within Bluetooth reach to see this indication).
- Open the Playermaker app.
- Go to 'Activities'.
- On the top right of the screen, the 'Sensor Status' should say: 'Rec'.
Step 3 - Meet Playermaker's threshold requirement:
It is extremely important to be aware that there is a minimal activity threshold that must be met for the Playermaker system to register your performance as a valid activity. Failure to meet the threshold requirement will result in an unrecognizable session that will automatically be deleted by our system.
Playermaker's activity threshold requires you to complete a minimum of:
In addition to at least one of the following:
Step 4 - Strap your Playermaker device onto your cleats:
Click here to watch a video on correctly strapping up your Playermaker device.
- Insert the right sensor into the right strap (Marked as R blue).
- Insert the left sensor into the left strap (Marked as L red).
- Verify that the sensor light is visible through the smaller strap hole.
- Verify that the white button is visible through the bigger strap hole.
- Place the right strap onto your right cleat (boot).
- Place the left strap onto your left cleat (boot).
Step 5 - End an activity:
- Remove your sensors from your straps.
- Place your sensors back inside the Playermaker case (this action triggers your session to end).
- Your sensor lights should now blink white.
- A blinking white light indicates that your session's data is stored in the sensor and is ready to be synced onto the app.
- NOTE: Only one session can be stored on your sensors at a time. This means that after every session you conduct, you must first sync your recent session's data onto the app, and after, you can begin your next session.
Step 6 - Sync your activity's data onto the app:
- Open the Playermaker app on your mobile device.
- Make sure your Bluetooth is ON.
- Keep your phone and sensors in close proximity to one another.
- Make sure you have a stable internet connection.
- A new activity will pop up on your Playermaker app.
- Select the activity type: Match or Training.
- Complete the activity details.
- Now, analyze your session's data!
Suggested articles to help you get started: